Instant news 24/7

Russian Officer Suspended After Thousands Were “Mistakenly” Called To War

1 min read
Russian

Russian

Moscow: After hundreds of individuals were mistakenly called up to fight in Ukraine, an enlisting officer in a remote area of Russia has been suspended, a local official said on Monday.

“The military commissar of the Khabarovsk region, Yuri Laiko, has been suspended. This will have no impact on the fulfillment of the tasks that the president has set for us,” the region’s governor, Mikhail Degtyaryov, said in a Telegram video.

He could not give a specific cause for the dismissal but did list a number of errors made throughout the recruitment procedure.

“Out of several thousand of our compatriots who had received a summons and arrived at military enlistment offices in the past 10 days, around half were sent back home for failing to meet the selection criteria,” Degtyaryov said.

“Partial mobilization should only apply to the categories that have been approved by the ministry of defense and the president. Any abuse must be stopped,” he also said.

On September 21, Vladimir Putin issued an order to mobilize hundreds of thousands of Russians to fight in Ukraine, setting up protests and a mass migration of eligible males from the country.

Authorities said that they will enlist 300,000 persons with “relevant” skills in the military services.

But there have been angry outbursts when those who weren’t qualified, such as students and the old or infirm, received summonses.

Putin stated last week that authorities should “correct all mistakes” committed during the recruiting drive.

Visit us on: thespeednews.com

Leave a Reply