Ronaldo ‘has showdown discussions’ with Jorge Mendes about leaving Manchester United quickly: Report1 min read
There have been rumours since Manchester United omitted the 37-year-old for Sunday’s derby against Manchester City, with interim manager Ralf Rangnick stating his absence was due to a hip ailment, but there have been allegations that Ronaldo was not hurt.
Ronaldo is said to have been ‘furious’ after being told he would not be included in the team for the match at the Etihad Stadium, prompting him to travel to his home Portugal for warm-weather training.
Ronaldo is believed to have discussed his future with Mendes, who has attempted to “calm the player” down following a spat with interim manager Ralf Rangnick, according to mirror.co.uk.
According to rumours, Rangnick informed the veteran, who turned 37 last month, that he will be deployed as a “super-sub” at the Etihad Stadium for tactical reasons.
Since the start of the calendar year, Juventus star Cristiano has only scored once in the Premier League. Because of Ronaldo’s mood, there is an “uneasy tension” around United’s Carrington training complex.
P.S. Ronaldo missed United’s 4-1 loss to Manchester City at the weekend and did not train on Wednesday owing to a hip flexor ailment.