Instant news 24/7

Have You Sent Money To The Wrong UPI ID? Don’t Worry, Just Do It

2 min read


According to the RBI, anyone who made a mistake by engaging in an unintentional transaction should first file a complaint with the relevant payment system. Digital payment systems such as the Unified Payments Interface have drastically revolutionized the way we conduct transactions (UPI).

They have eliminated the need to use cash in the majority of cases by allowing users to instantly scan a QR code and transfer the right amount immediately to a bank account. Because of the ease with which it permits transactions, UPI has spread throughout India, from roadside vendors to retail chains. Even though UPI is a safe payment channel, inadvertent errors on your part may result in a loss of money on occasion.

One of the scenarios you may have encountered was mistakenly sending money to another person’s bank account by inputting the incorrect UPI ID. Most people are concerned in these circumstances, however, the Reserve Bank of India indicates that if the necessary steps are performed, you can retrieve the transferred funds. If an unexpected transaction occurs through a digital service, the injured party must first file a complaint with the appropriate payment system, according to the RBI.

You can request a refund through the customer care departments of firms such as Paytm, Google Pay, and PhonePe. If the payment system is unable to resolve your issue, you can contact the RBI’s ombudsman for digital transactions. According to the RBI, he is a senior employee tasked with “resolving consumer complaints against System Participants as defined in the Scheme for insufficiency in some services covered under the grounds of complaint stipulated under Clause 8 of the Scheme.”

When the payment system violates the RBI’s criteria for UPI, Bharat QR code, and other payment transactions, complaints may be filed for reasons such as failing to credit funds to the beneficiaries’ accounts or failing to return the amount within a reasonable time frame. When money is accidentally sent to the beneficiary’s account, a complaint can be filed with the ombudsman.

visit us on:

Leave a Reply