A stabbing spree earlier this month in Saskatchewan, Canada, left 12 people dead, including the alleged assailant, and over a dozen others injured. The top coroner there has announced preparations to hold two public inquests into the incident. An inquiry will be held into the deaths of the 11 individuals who were slain on September 4 in the James Smith Cree Nation and in the adjacent community of Weldon, according to Clive Weighill of the Saskatchewan Coroners Service, who made the announcement during a news conference on Wednesday.
One of the bloodiest acts of mass violence in Canadian history occurred when an Indigenous hamlet and a nearby town were attacked, about 320 kilometers (200 miles) north of Regina, the capital of Saskatchewan. Myles Sanderson, the primary suspect, died while in police custody following a multi-day manhunt, and a second investigation will be opened into his death, according to Weighill. He told reporters, “The circumstances that occurred demand a careful and thorough examination. On September 7, a representative of the Saskatchewan branch of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) told reporters that Sanderson experienced “medical distress” shortly after being apprehended by police after a highway chase.
Visit us on: thespeednews.com