The Chinese embassy in South Korea has paused the issue of short-term visas for South Korean visitors. It said on Tuesday, the first retaliatory move against nations charging COVID-19 curbs on travelers from China.
The embassy will adjust the policy subject to lifting South Korea’s “discriminatory entry restrictions” against China, it said on its official WeChat account.
According to China’s foreign ministry, the announcement comes a day after Foreign Minister Qin Gang said to worry about the conditions in a telephone call with his South Korean counterpart Park Jin.
Last week, South Korean police followed down a Chinese man who went missing while awaiting quarantine after testing optimistic for COVID-19 upon arrival.
The incident raised concern about the spread of the virus from China after Beijing abruptly ditched its strict “Zero-COVID” policy and opened its borders despite widespread domestic conditions.
visit us on: www.thespeednews.com